November 27, 2014

What is blogging?

I start blogging every year, do two or three blog posts, then I don't touch the blog for about 6 months and then I log in and delete the previous posts because I think they are crap. What is with that?

What is blogging all about? is it a personal diary, a sales tool, a place to voice your opinion? A shopping tool, in that you can try before you buy with out physically trying. Somewhere to get validation that the decisions we make are correct.

I guess blogging is whatever you want it to be. I used to blog like my diary. But I thought it too open to be a personal space. I need anonymity and talking about my kids on an open blog isn't giving me that. Yes I know I contradict myself as I talk about them on Twitter too, but it's much harder to find out specific info from 140 Characters than it is from an depth post on a blog, you can get carried
away when you have unlimited word count.

Next up I used the blog to outline my addiction to nail polish, but a lack of time and money has sent that by the wayside. I am actually in the process of selling 80% of my nail polish collection, if I don't it will just be wasted. I still love nail polish, I just don't need 10,000 bottles. (Ok, you got me... But it IS over 200).

I don't know where I am taking this blog this time, but join me on the ride. We may just be going somewhere great.

  Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment